Thursday 20 August 2015

TWO CATS...

21 AUGUST 2015



No, I'm not talking about animals, I'm talking about probably the best meal I've ever eaten, courtesy of Two Cats Kitchen

Previously a pop-up restaurant, Two Cats Kitchen now has a permanent home in the heart of Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter. Tucked away down a quaint little alley on Warstone Lane you wouldn't even know it was there, but as the foodies are starting to get wind of this place, tables are becoming increasingly difficult to get your hungry little paws on.

Being the incredibly fortunate girl that I am, my gorgeous boy managed to get us a table (thank you to the couple that cancelled) to celebrate 6 years of pure purgatory in each other's company - I'm only kidding it's been beautiful really. 

The cuisine is called New Baltic. I'd never even heard of it before, and even the owners acknowledge that to describe it this way naively assumes that people would understand what Old Baltic cuisine is. I don't.  

I can't really do the description justice if I'm honest with you, but it feels to me that they've taken what would be considered as the  traditional Baltic/Russian dishes as a baseline and brought them into the 21st century with some very clever, yet subtle, techniques.

Basically, it was immense, and the service was impeccable. They knew every little detail of the 7 course tasting menu and it was clear that not only is food their livelihood, but their absolute passion. 

I'm not going to bore you with the details of every dish, but here's a whole load of pictures I took - they really don't do the quality of this food justice. You've got to try this place! 












No comments:

Post a Comment