Monday 29 December 2014

85 and still fabulous

29 DECEMBER 2014



After a whirlwind Christmas visiting friends and family and indulging rather too much, my family on mum's side gathered once more for the annual celebration of my Grandma's birthday. It has become a bit of a tradition that each year on the 28th December we go out for a family meal. But this year was a bit special - after all, it's not every day that you turn 85! 

To mark the occasion, my mum and aunt worked tirelessly to put together a photo book showing the landmarks my Grandma's life. When looking through it myself, it made me realise what a wonderfully rich and full life she's had. Every memory depicted with a smile, all surrounded by family or friends or both. It solidified for me what really matters in life, not fame and fortune, but happiness. 


If I can make it to 85 with even half as many happy memories as my beautiful Grandma, I will consider myself a very lucky lady. Happy birthday Grandma, and here's to many, many more! Love you always.

2 comments: