Monday 22 June 2015

THE LITTLE THINGS...

22 JUNE 2015

When I scroll through my Bloglovin feed, it's always full of positivity. That's what I love about blogging - it showcases the good in life and makes me focus on what's really important to me. It's so easy to get wrapped up in drama and negativity, the grind of everyday life, that we often forget to look at the little things - the things that when you really take time to appreciate them, often turn out to be the big things...

So, in the spirit of embracing life, I'm starting a new series that looks at the little things that have impacted me and my life in a positive way each week. 

Here's the little things that have made me smile this week...

1. NEW PURCHASES...
We bought ourselves one of these badboys on Saturday:


It might seem menial to most, but this little table has been a lifesaver already. Not only does it look the shiz, but it's going to afford me hours of enhanced-comfort technology usage, and who wouldn't want that?? (Oh yeah, and it has a tiny draw for keeping chocolate in - just saying) Find this at Futon Company - £24.95


2. DINNER WITH FRIENDS...
Now, I don't have a picture for this one, but on Saturday night we spent the evening with a gorgeous group of friends to celebrate the lovely Laura's birthday. We laughed so hard my sides hurt, and we left feeling blessed to have had such a fab night with such a bunch of beauties. #LSHALBOWCO 


3. DIY TRIUMPH...
Even though the monsoon-like rains foiled my plans to do some spray painting on Saturday, I managed to get outside on Sunday morning instead. Up at the crack of dawn, we set about painting the DIY ladder shelf Tom had built a few weeks ago. Spraying first with primer and then 3 coats of grey, we ended up with this:


Neither of us can now move our wrists from the repetitive strain injuries acquired from all the spray painting, but it's totally worth it.


4. FATHER'S DAY...
I spent Sunday afternoon with my family celebrating Father's Day. We had a roast, like we normally do on a Sunday, but it was just super-chilled, quality family time and it was beautiful. Here's a little shot I put together on my Instagram from looking through all my Grandma's old photos:

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, it isn't a chocolate drawer, I think it's more likely to be for your chalk/pencils etc. Put chocolate in it if you like, but don't come crying to me later on ;). Glad you had a good night on Saturday and had a good laugh, it'll help you get rid of the after effects of putting chocolate in the drawer! The ladder shelf looks great, well done. Lovely photos ;). It's great to look back at old photos and the memories that come flooding back. Lovely blog as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mum! It is a chocolate drawer though, the woman in the shop said so! Haha. The photos are fab, they made me laugh though - i didn't realise that was the correct way to eat chicken! We'll have to find some ones of you and I! :) xxx

      Delete