Friday 20 March 2015

T-Swizzle...

20 MARCH 2015

It's not often that I can say an article in the Metro has inspired me to do something, but ever since I read this http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/21/battle-of-sandwich-turkey-and-swiss-on-rye-fridge-note-war-is-the-most-passive-aggressive-thing-weve-ever-seen-4841225/ when I saw it on my Facebook feed a few days ago, I have been craving a turkey and swiss on rye sandwich...

If you've read it, you'll know that the series of pictures shows one mans's hilarious passive-agressive fridge-note attack on the triviality of modern day 'problems' (if you haven't read it, please do - I was in stitches). But aside from enjoying the humour and witty repartee of the "Sandwich Thief", by the end of it, I really wanted a sandwich.

So, since I've had the last two days off work with very little in the way of fun things to do, I thought I may as well get back in the kitchen and at least make my lunches interesting.

I didn't realise quite how long rye bread actually takes to prove, so I missed out on a yummy lunch yesterday, but I got cracking first thing this morning and here's what I ended up with...



Oh. My. God. It was worth the wait! Applewood smoked turkey breast with avocado mayo, Swiss Emmental and English mustard on homemade dark rye bread (recipe to follow) = so damn fit. 

So, thanks for introducing me to T-Swizzle, Sandwich Thief. I think I owe you one ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment